18 March 2007

Two sides to everything

While Customer Relations has received mostly positive feedback concerning passenger expectations of the A380, there have been a handful of skeptics who declared to us that they will never fly such a large plane. Some think that its size and majesty is just too showy, and others simply fear the worst case scenario.

Being an American and watching the news gives me a small scared streak too. But having loved every flight since my first at age 10, I know that if I ever get the chance to go on board this plane I must take it.

To detractors I would also point out that it was Lufthansa crew who successfully evacuated over 500 passengers in under 90 seconds during safety tests with Airbus. That fact plus the obsessive commitment to safety and maintenance that I have seen firsthand on many occasions gives me full confidence on any flight my colleagues operate.

Update: Lufthansa crew actually completed this test at full capacity, that is to say with 853 passengers on board!

What do you think?

No comments: