18 March 2007

Butterflies starting

I lay awake in bed last night, thinking about the events next week, about the aircraft, the security, the scores of people who are eager just to catch a glimpse. And I got suddenly nervous - afraid that someone will ask me a question I can't answer or that I won't do something right. So when I finally managed to fall asleep I spent most of the night trapped in a terrible dream: I had half an hour to report to the terminal Monday morning, and I did not own any navy blue slacks.

Those of us working the event for Lufthansa have already received navy blue A380 polo shirts which we are to wear with navy slacks. In my dream, I raced from store to store in the nearest mall, throwing things off the shelves in desperation, and no store I could find had a plain pair of navy slacks. It felt like the longest dream ever.

The smell of my husband's pancakes thankfully woke me, but not before the feeling of terror disappeared completely.

No comments: