19 March 2007

The best and most unexpected thing on the ground

Lufthansa is fond of branded goodies, which show up at every event we have ever had. Often they are wearable and sometimes they even have blinky LED lights in them. In the past I have avoided these trinkets, but the transparent planes bearing our logo which were passed out today were attractive even to me.

Apparently Lufthansa ordered 1,000 blinky planes, more than twice the number of passengers on board the A380 today. After five boxes disappeared in the span of about an hour and a half, a colleague and I gave up our own because the Lufthansa crew wanted them too, and we were short a few. My friend Antonia really worked the crowd waiting outside customs, spotting all the children and approaching their parents to tempt them with the toys.

The blinky planes have three settings: steady on, slow blink, and alarming (the latter made my heart race). The still photo just didn't capture the effect, so I also got it on video. (It's the bit that looks like electric jello.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Can I buy one of these blinky planes from you? It's for my kid sister's birthday. She is crazy about the A380.

I'm in the DC area, by the way. :)

Thanks!

Bob

Please email me at: sleepybobcat @ gmail.com